SAWID is run by a voluntary Steering Committee and an army of ad hoc helpers sponsored directly or through the Isigodlo Trust. The most significant costs are those related to ensuring inclusivity.
Key cost drivers for this include:
- Simultaneous interpretation (all South African languages);
- Interpretation equipment and technicians;
- International travel (Pan-African programmes); and
- Healing/barrier-breaking workshops facilitation.
Key sponsors (money and in-kind) include:
- State-owned enterprises;
- Private sector companies;
- Donor communities; and
- Individual contributions.